1. When did you start your blog?
I started Bookish in late August of 2011.
2. Why did you start your blog?
I'd recently come across some amazing book bloggers via sites like Goodreads and decided that starting a book blog would be a great way to share my thoughts on books without ranting to my friends as heavily.
3. What has been the biggest challenge you've faced so far?
When I started book blogging, everything progressed really quickly after the first few weeks. It's been difficult to keep the scheduling straight.
4. What do you find most discouraging about being a new blogger?
I've had a pretty encouraging and good experience so far. Having recently lost a co-blogger, however, it's been more difficult to remember I'm accountable for providing content for my viewers daily.
5. What do you find most encouraging?
I'm really grateful for the established authors, publishers, bloggers, and readers who have contacted us and left approval.
6. What do you like best about the blogs you read? Have you tried to replicate this in your blog?
I really enjoy reading blogs from bloggers who are very friendly to and aware of their audience without being unprofessional. I try to maintain a good relationship with my readers but I'm not positive I'm always successful.
7. What do you dislike about blogs you’ve read? Do you try to avoid this?
I dislike bloggers who are detached from or unprofessional to their audience. I do try to avoid this as well and I feel like I'm mostly successful in that endeavor.
8. Any advice for other new bloggers?
Find ways to get connected with other bloggers and don't be afraid to be yourself with your blog. Some of my favorite blogs are from friendly bloggers who have very few followers.
9. Any questions you'd like to ask newbie or established bloggers?
As always, I'd love feedback on ways to improve and maintain my blog. I'm also interested in the other outlets they use for connecting with other bloggers.
10. Is there anything you’d like to tell us about your blog? Feel free to link a few of your favorite posts or posts you wish had more comments.
I can't really think of anything. Much to my dismay, I've yet to develop a unique asset to my blog other than my voice. I'd love suggestions or thoughts!